Tuesday 19 May 2015

Well, Hello again at long last.  As promised, here is another look at my florist shop "Flora".




It was my first attempt at a room box, so I have learned a lot, especially on the construction side of things. As you can see, it is side-opening, with two removable brass pins (nails) which allow the whole side to come off. On the outside is my version of a climbing rose on a trellis. The trellis is actually part of an old coffee machine. The boxes, made of mat board and drinking straws, contain hyacinths make with bunka. Also in the boxes are box hedges (ha ha) made of dyed sesame seeds.

Inside, the florist's work room is at the rear. Not a room I would want to arrange flowers in but the florist is tiny! The work table is made of mat board and a cheap plastic picture frame. On the wall, the rack is made with florist wire and parts of an old umbrella.

The down lights in the front windows are actually metal icing tips. They look quite good at night!

Behind the work room, and opening on to the front of the shop is the store-room where the florist also takes his lunch. It should have had a door to the outside as it is impossible to access now that the roof is in place. I made the roof permanent as the wires for the lights all run across it (under the "metal") and down the back into a box in the "back alley". As I said, I am learning!



In the shop, most of the flowers were my own invention, but I have also been given some by my Mineteer friends, Elizabeth (Studio E) and Fatima (Beauxminis). Janine (Minworks) gave me many treasures, including the book of botanical prints on the florist's table.

Outside at the front of the shop is the delivery bike I made from a Pheonix Developments kit. So challenging!!! In it is the wonderful basket made for me by Lidi at Basketcase Miniatures.


As you all know, a project like this is never really finished and I will be tweaking it for ever I feel but
I couldn't wait to start on Salon de Thé  while I was supposed to be really finishing the florist shop. I will try to do another post soon with more photos but in the meantime here is a little peek of the entry...


It is nearly finished, but not quite, and already I am deeply thinking of the next project. I can hear my mother saying to me "Finish one thing before you start another!"

Thanks for having a look,

Cheers, Linda


24 comments:

  1. Oh wow......lots of lovely work on your florist! Sadly my florist has remained untouched for far too long, you might well be my inspiration to get back into it.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda
      I do hope you'll get back to your florist shop soon as I know it will be fabulous.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I also like your work. Very nice details in the shop.
    Beautyfull !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nina. Sorry it has taken so long for my reply but I have travelled from Australia and am now in Canada. More than a mini world!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning. Fantastic work. The level of detail is beautiful and it looks better then real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind remarks. I feel my photography does not do it justice and it really is better in real life. Wish I could invite everyone to come to Australia to see it!

      Delete
  4. Hello Linda
    I just love 'Flora', it is so detailed but delicate! You have wonderful taste, and I am really looking forward to seeing your 'Salon de The' in more detail!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vivian. I'm nearly finished with the Salon de The and am already planning a Ladies Boutique. It will be a long time in the making, though. Hopefully I'll post some more pictures soon of the Salon de The. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, I believe as I write this that you may be enroute to Vancouver, what a pity that you could not tuck Flora into your carry on.
    It is wonderful and so many clever ideas. Icing tips for lights shades is brilliant! Took me a while to recognize a trellis from a coffee maker.
    See you soon for heavy mini discussions,
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments< Janine, and see you soon.

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing Linda! I wish I could see it in person. All the plants are perfect. I really love the two back rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope to make more plants one of these days but I get carried away with the next project too soon.

      Delete
  7. Hello Linda! How wonderful to see more of your Flora shop! What a show-stopper!!!! The details and the ingenuity of how you have creatively crafted some of the features within is SUPERB! I LOVE the way you think! :D Every item both in the front and the back of the store is Extremely tasteful and Very Chic! This shop will be the destination for many on any day of the week, rain or shine! :D

    elizabeth
    p.s.really looking forward to our Get-Together :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bore you with a lot more photos when I see you in the next few days!
      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Your shop is beautiful. I really like the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. I think it is definitely the details that make miniatures interesting.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful and amazing!!!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Genevieve. I love your work too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda! Your florist 'Flora' is absolutely beautiful, I love all of the details and your flowers :)!
    I've just found your blog whilst I was reading another blog post, when I saw your blog, so I became your newest follower ;)! Sorry for my bad English, but it's not my mother tongue :D!
    Kind regards, ilona
    www.MiniMumLoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda! Your florist 'Flora' is absolutely beautiful, I love all of the details and your flowers :)!
    I've just found your blog whilst I was reading another blog post, when I saw your blog, so I became your newest follower ;)! Sorry for my bad English, but it's not my mother tongue :D!
    Kind regards, ilona
    www.MiniMumLoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda,
    such fine work! I wert back to the first post. I was shocked at the realism and perfection! Your work is the epitome when it comes to details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Linda! I just admire your amazing work which you created, this is excellent Flora shop!
    all flowers, stuff, look like real! your imagination and skills are great.
    Warm hugs :-)
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your blog and impressed! Your shop is a beaury and your flowers are gorg... very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous!! It all looks so very real. What a terrific job you did. Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate your feedback.