Thursday 13 June 2019

Conservative conservatory

Here's hoping this works. I am going solo on this posting, without the help of Norma or Janine.
I'm afraid it will be rather a rushed job as we're flying out of Sydney tomorrow morning at 6am to Zurich via Dubai, but I thought I should show you the nearly finished Conservatory.

I am calling it a conservative conservatory as it is without a lot of colour. Madame who inhabits the boudoir and conservatory, only likes white plants and lots of greenery.



Looking from the boudoir into the conservatory.




I couldn't find a wire plant stand that I liked so I made this one. It does look a bit English Victorian, but I believe Madame got it as a present from an 
English friend. The white geraniums (pelargoniums) are doing well

I also made some lily of the valley and a frangipani.


On the right are some fragrant gardenias and a
white orchid in the center

I will start on the exterior when we return from Europe.

Thanks for having a look at what is a pretty poor effort, but I think I've done it! And on my Ipad at that!
Hugs, Linda








16 comments:

  1. Wow what a great conservatory beautiful geraniums!
    When I looked at the photo from the boudoir into the conservatory I had to look twice to see that it's a small world!!!
    Have a nice day,
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marijke
      I'm sure I thanked you for your lovely comments as soon as I got them but they seem to have disappeared.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!!! I too love the scene seen from the boudoir.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Linda on not only mastering the art of blogging on your own but especially on such a BEAUTIFUL CONSERVATORY!!!! :D
    Your plants are Gorgeous and I LOVE the potted palm, and assorted white and fragrant plants you have so tastefully arranged throughout your addition. Speaking of which, what a GREAT VIEW from the boudoir into the conservatory- ABSOLUTELY FAB!!!
    Enjoy your European Vacation and I'll look forward to seeing you later on this summer- Can't Wait! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth (from Zurich) . Can't wait to see my Miniteers friends in August.

      Delete
  4. Your conservatory is amazing! The details are perfect and the plants look so real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honoured that you like my plants. Each one is an experiment. Some work better than others.

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda. The conservatory looks beautiful and elegant with only white flowers and greenery. I don’t think it loses any realism or credibility. And well done for doing a blog post! It will get easier the more you do it, and it wasn’t a poor effort at all. Can’t wait to see more and have fun in Zurich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments? I am enjoying Zurich. Ventured to winterthur on Saturday and found some minis ( fabulous and also very cheap) at a street market!

      Delete
  6. Seriously sumptuous, delicious, tempting, tasteful and totally inspirational to look at.
    Enjoy your break.
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you. I,m thrilled you like it.

      Delete
  7. The photos are superb, perfectly capturing the beauty of the flowers and plants as well as the delightful, relaxing atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda! The conservative conservatory is just plain Gorgeous! Your photos bring it to life beautifully... a glimpse through the door is always so evocative of RL for me! The wire stand you made is perfect... could you do a tutorial? I love your projects! Congratulations on posting "solo"! And have a fantastic trip to Europe! I hope to see more posts when you return.... complete with new treasures from your travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your wonderful comments. The wire stand was a complete experiment but I might try to make another as I know I could improve on it. I'm not one for tutorials but I might give it a try? I was just frustrated as I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Maybe frustration is the mother of invention.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate your feedback.